Let me introduce you to the most deliciously easy baked treat ever created. Seriously. You might get addicted. I hope not, because I don't want to be the enabler, but this sweet treat is so good! I don't know an offical name for it, but my cousin Talisa has been making it for quite some time. It looks like this:
And while that might seem harmless enough, it tastes incredibly amazing. Like homemade Skor (or Heath) candy bars. YUM.
- Saltine crackers
- brown sugar
- chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet (with an lipped edge) with foil.
2. Layout a full sleeve of saltine crackers onto the lined baking sheet.
3. In a saucepan, melt 1 cup butter. Stir in 1 cup brown sugar. Let this boil (once incorporated fully) for 3 minutes without stirring.
(Don't look at my dirty stove top!)
4. Once boiled, pour over crackers and spread with a spatula.
5. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Carefully monitor!
6. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
7. After a few minutes, the chocolate chips are melted and you can spread them easily with that same spatula.
8. Put the tray into the freezer (or outside if it just snowed...) to let it set. After an hour or so it should be good to go. Just break apart and enjoy!
I got a little picture crazy because we got a new digital camera for Christmas! Hoooooooray!